LLTI Archives

January 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:05:48 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Marianne Crusius" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Marianne Crusius" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6993 German Television
>Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:01:03 -0500

"German TV" (that is the actual name of the company) has excellent programming according to everybody who has subscribed to it privately.
Much to my regret I have not yet subscribed for the university as currently they only allow broadcasting to classrooms, not to dorm rooms. They do allow recording of broadcasts for classroom use.
For the time being German TV needs its own dish, they are negotiating with cable companies to broadcast through cable in the future.

More info at: www.germantv.info

Marianne C. Crusius
Manager, Language Resource Center
100 Jones Hall