LLTI Archives

January 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:28:57 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Jose C. Rodriguez" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:18:46 -0500
>Subject: Re: #6991 CCTV availability
>From: "Jose C. Rodriguez" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI <[log in to unmask]>

We also can't get to the website, but we still have access to CCTV4 here at
Emory off galaxy 11 CBand transponder 24 which is the
International Channel. They offer several programs off the same transponder
with the GI Digicipher 2 receiver. The programming is free but you still
have to license with them (free) to redistribute the programming.

If you have additional questions - contact me directly and I'll put you in
touch with our individual who runs our Cable distribution. This information
actually came from her.

Jose Rodriguez

On 1/14/03 4:56 PM, "LLTI-Editor" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> --- Forwarded Message from "Norval Bard" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:50:21 -0600
>> From: "Norval Bard" <[log in to unmask]>
>> To: llti <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: CCTV availability
>
> Hello,
>
> Up until the end of December 2001 we received CCTV (Chinese
> broadcasting) via satellite on Satellite X3 (transponder 23) [I don't
> know if those designations are specific to our 4DTV system], but since
> that time we can get no signal and the CCTV.com website is unavailable.
> Is anyone else having this trouble?  Have they migrated to another
> satellite or to another distribution system?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Norval Bard
>
> --
> **********************************
> Norval Bard, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor of French
> Director, Roberta I. Myers Language Resource Center
> North Central College
> 30, N. Brainard St.
> Naperville, IL 60566
> ph. 630-637-5125