LLTI Archives

January 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:28:54 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Dennis Rinzel" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:17:29 -0600
>From: "Dennis Rinzel" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Cc: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6991 CCTV availability

This message was  originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to  the LLTI list
at LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU. If  you simply forward it back to  the list, using a
mail command  that generates "Resent-" fields  (ask your local user  support or
consult  the documentation  of  your mail  program  if in  doubt),  it will  be
distributed  and  the  explanations  you   are  now  reading  will  be  removed
automatically. If on the other hand you edit the contributions you receive into
a digest, you will have to  remove this paragraph manually. Finally, you should
be able  to contact  the author  of this  message by  using the  normal "reply"
function of your mail program.

----------------- Message requiring your approval (59 lines) ------------------
Norval:

We continue to receive CCTV9-China channel in English, and CCTV4-China channel in Chinese from our General Instruments DSR 4400 Digicipher MPEG2 receiver.  We get the signals by way of Galaxy (11)7 transponder 24 on Digicipher channels 83-English & 72-Chinese.

We do not have a 4DTV receiver but according to ONSAT Satellite Magazine CCTV9 should be on Channel 752 on satellite Galaxy (11)7 which is located at 91 degrees West.

I have tried their website and had trouble when using Netscape, but when I used Microsoft Internet Explorer I had no problem getting either the Chinese or the English version of the website.

Hope this helps,

Dennis Rinzel
Director, Video Resource Center
UW-Madison
1220 Linden Dr.
299 Van Hise Hall
Madison, WI 53706
608-263-3828

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/14/03 03:56PM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from "Norval Bard" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:50:21 -0600
>From: "Norval Bard" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: llti <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: CCTV availability

Hello,

Up until the end of December 2001 we received CCTV (Chinese
broadcasting) via satellite on Satellite X3 (transponder 23) [I don't
know if those designations are specific to our 4DTV system], but since
that time we can get no signal and the CCTV.com website is unavailable.
Is anyone else having this trouble?  Have they migrated to another
satellite or to another distribution system?

Thanks,

Norval Bard

--
Norval Bard, Ph.D.