LLTI Archives

January 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:51:31 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Marty Dewindt <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:11:39 -0600
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Marty Dewindt <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6998 consultant?

------------------
We also used consultants at about that era for our Sony 5510. We have one
professor that uses it regularly for class. The rest do not use it much.
These are all great teachers with the best of intentions.

While I was not here at the time, I have wondered if there was enough
attention paid to training, including integration with course materials and
activities. We are currently upgrading our high school lab (a Sony 5510 as
well) first. Part of the cost of the project is a half-time person for the
first two years to support the teachers and work on integration. The
teachers are also coming back from summer vacation a week early to focus
(and practice!) on whatever console we opt for with training from the vendor.

At 02:42 PM 1/17/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>--- Forwarded Message from Betty Woerner <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
> >Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:16:43 -0800 (PST)
> >From: Betty Woerner <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
> >Subject: consultant?
>
>We are getting ready to re-design our language lab, and wonder if anyone
>has had experience with using consultants for this.  Or is there anyone
>among us who would provide expertise and the voice of experience.
>
>We have a sony tape lab with console, installed in 1989 and hardly ever
>used.  I don't want to make that mistake again, but do want to provide
>enough flexibility that the space can be useful for a number of
>applications.
>
>Anyone?
>
>Thanks,
>Betty Woerner