LLTI Archives

January 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:54:16 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Ross, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Ross, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"            <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Job Announcement
>Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:11:42 -0500

This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the LLTI list at
LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU. If you simply forward it back to the list, using a mail
command that generates "Resent-" fields (ask your local user support or consult
the documentation of your mail program if in doubt), it will be distributed and
the explanations you  are now reading will be removed  automatically. If on the
other hand you edit the contributions you  receive into a digest, you will have
to remove this  paragraph manually. Finally, you should be  able to contact the
author  of this  message by  using  the normal  "reply" function  of your  mail
program.

----------------- Message requiring your approval (46 lines) ------------------
Dear All:

Please pass along the following job announcement (mine) to any and all
language technologists who might be interested.  I have accepted a position
as Director of the Language Resource Center at Brown University, starting in
mid-May.  We hope to have our new Director in place at Richmond by that
time.

The University of Richmond is a terrific institution with lots of good
colleagues, strong support for technology, and a beautiful campus -- I've
been very fortunate to work here for the past (nearly) five years.  Please
refer to the URL below for specific application information, including
questions you may have about the position.  Please _do not_ send
applications or questions to me.

Director of Multimedia Language Laboratory
University of Richmond

The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures of the University of
Richmond  seeks a full-time Director of the Multimedia Language Laboratory.
The appointment carries faculty status and in addition to duties associated
with the laboratory, the Director will serve on university committees and
periodically teach. The position is available June 1, 2003. The University
of Richmond is a highly selective, private university that is committed to
increasing the diversity of its faculty and strongly encourages applications
from women and minorities.  The University is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about the position, the application process, and the
institution see the URL
http://oncampus.richmond.edu/academics/as/Dean/jobs_info/MMLL_ad.html

a.

Andrew F. Ross, Ph.D.
Director, Multimedia Language Lab
G15 Puryear Hall
University of Richmond,  VA   23173
Tel: (804) 287-6838

"Worrying about a large institution, especially when it has computers is
like worrying about a large gorilla, especially when it's on fire." -- Bruce
Sterling