LLTI Archives

January 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 15:12:39 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Warren Roby" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #6982 LRC Recognition
>Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 11:15:00 -0600
>From: "Warren Roby" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Scott,

First of all, what a no-brainer!  Common decency would dictate that your center would get at least a sentence of recognition for the logistical support you provide.

Secondly, you would do well to counter the claim that there is no precedent for such acknowledgement.  Look at http://llt.msu.edu/vol5num1/sengupta/default.html and you will see a center and a person associated with the center recognized.  I am sure you could stack up such examples with a little effort.

I urge you to continue to provide the support whether recognition or gratitude is ever expressed.  You can at least hold your head up high and get some institutional credit for what you do.

Warren

Warren B. Roby, Ph. D.
Professor and Chairman of Language Studies
John Brown University
2000 W. University
Siloam Springs, AR  72761

479-524-7309