LLTI Archives

January 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:40:46 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Jianxiong Wu <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 22:03:19 -0600 (CST)
>From: Jianxiong Wu <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Seeking IALLT Workshop Co-Presenters

------------------

We will be doing a half-day pre-conference workshop in IALLT 2003 in
Michigan.  The title of the workshop is "Planning and Selecting a Digital
Language Lab".  The panel will consist of language lab professionals who
have recently installed a digital language lab.  The panelists will be
so selected that all major brands of language-lab products are
represented, including ASC, CAN-8, Sony and Tandberg. Currently, we
already have candidates for ASC and Sony, and we are particularly looking
for people who have recently installed a Tandberg or a CAN-8 lab and would
like to share their experiences.  If you would like to be a co-presenter of the
workshop, please contact Rick Treece, the moderator ([log in to unmask]), and
me.  I am attaching the workshop proposal in the following for your
reference.

Thanks,

Jian Wu
University of Minnesota
612-625-3865

IALLT 2003 Proposal

Planning and Selecting a Digital Language Lab

The panel consists of language lab professionals who have recently
installed a digital language lab.  The panelists have been so selected
that all major brands of language-lab products are represented, including
ASC, CAN-8, Sony and Tandberg.

The workshop participants will be led through an in-depth analysis of the
steps, process and various issues to consider when planning and selecting
a digital language lab: lab features, costs, physical setting, warranty,
upgrade, training, support, etc.  Panelists will share their actual
experiences and pinpoint specific factors which tipped the scale in
deciding in favor of one product over another, and, of course, hindsight
reflection on what could have been done differently.

This workshop is intended for people who are interested in installing a
digital language lab.