LLTI Archives

January 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:40:43 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Cindy Evans <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:19:04 -0500
>Subject: NEALLT Conference Announcement
>From: Cindy Evans <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Forum <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask],        [log in to unmask]

Sorry for the cross-postings.

NEALLT 2003 : Call for Proposals
"Project-based approaches to teaching language and culture"

March 21-23, 2003

Hosted by Mark Knowles, Director of The Language Center at Union
College in Schenectady, New York.

The Northeast Association for Language Learning Technology (NEALLT) will hold its annual conference on March 21-23, 2003 at Union College in Schenectady, New York.   We are interested in presentations, panels, and discussion about technology integration in teaching languages and cultures, the effect on learning and motivation in student-based projects, and the role of and impact on Lab Directors.   Priority will be given to presentations addressing the conference theme, but other papers on technology and teaching will be considered as well.

Proposal deadline: January 24, 2003.

This message is a call for proposals for workshops, presentations (abstracts of up to 250 words), a call for suggested topics for group discussion (especially practical matters Directors have to tackle), as well as an invitation to attend and be a part of all discussions.
Deadline for abstracts and topics submission is January 24, 2003, and these should be sent
to Cindy Evans at [log in to unmask] Please include the following information in your e-mail: Presenter's name, affiliation, e-mail address, telephone and fax number, technology needs.

Registration
Conference registration is $30.00, and the deadline is February 28. Workshops are an additional $10 each. Late registration is $40.00 and subject to availability. Please check the NEALLT website at http://www.neall.org/ for more information after January 15, 2003.

Lodging
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Holiday Inn in Schenectady on Nott Terrace at the rate of $84 a night.

Holiday Inn ~ Holidome
100 Nott Terrace, Schenectady
(518) 393-4141 Fax (518) 393-4174

For additional local information please contact Mark Knowles at [log in to unmask]

Cindy Evans, Ph.D.
Director, Foreign Language Resource Center
and Lecturer in French
Skidmore College
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
518-580-5205