LLTI Archives

December 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 18:56:44 EST
--- Forwarded Message from " Robert"<[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:19:13 -0800
>From: " Robert"<[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6955 digitizing video
>Sender: [log in to unmask]

------------------
Hello, here at McFatter Tech (a magnet high school in Broward County, FL) we
are studying the re-creation of our foreign languages PC lab into a multimedia
lab. One of the features I need is what you specified: converting videos to CD
file formats. Anyways, you can pick up a copy of Smart Computing Learning
Series: Your Digital Cameras and PC Video Help desk, Vol. 8, Issue 8. It costs
$5.95. This issue is totally dedicated to video/PC/digital video matters. It
may be of some help in locating software and hardware for the conversion
process you indicated. The article by Steve Smith, "Transfer Video to Disc;
Burn your own movies onto DVDs and CDs,", pp. 62-65. is very good indeed. Our
high school students do some video transfers in their Tech classes.
Good luck.
Robert