LLTI Archives

November 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:47:57 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Fernando Sanchez-Gutierrez <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:24:08 -0600
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Fernando Sanchez-Gutierrez <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: screen shots and copyright issues

One of our instructors needs some screen shots from a movie for a
presentation. Is there any copyright issues I need to be aware of? I know
there are certain rules for using fragments from films but I'm not sure
about stills from a movie.

Also, what's the best way to capture those stills? Since most dvd's are
macrovision protected whenever I try to do a "Print Screen" I get a blank
picture. Is there anything legal on the web to do this?

Thanks,

Fernando Sanchez