LLTI Archives

November 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:49:55 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Sandra Brookner <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:36:54 -0500
>From: Sandra Brookner <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6946.1 good, sturdy VHS camcorder recommendations? (!)
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Yesterday I did reply to Janel directly but as you ask:

The Language Lab has owned a Canon Elura digital camcorder for three years..
During this period it has been used by faculty in their classes and some who
have taken it all over the world; by our foreign TAs who have used it in
class and take it away on field trips with their students all over New
England and  Canada; and by students who borrow it for class presentations.
Everyone loves it's size and the fact that it is so light.  It's been out in
snow storms and you name it but it's still going strong.  I don't see it as
fragile at all and can agree that the quality of the picture is great.  It's
easy to use and the instruction manual is very straightforward in its
directions.  We love it.

Sandra L. Brookner
Multimedia Technical Supervisor
Center For Foreign Languages, Literatures & Cultures
Weston Language Lab
Williams College
995 Main Street
Williamstown, MA 01267