LLTI Archives

November 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 16:20:28 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Carol H. Reitan" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:25:13 -0800 (PST)
>From: "Carol H. Reitan" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Novell Group-Wise and East Asian languages

------------------
Hello LLTI,

Our campus is switching from PineMail and WebMail to Novell GroupWise.
Until now, our Chinese and Japanese instructors have used the web-based
mail available. Our IT people have asked me how GroupWise handles East
Asian languages, so that they can be ready for the large number of people
at our school who use these fonts. The Novell site says that GroupWise 6.0
handles Chinese and Japanese, but I'm wondering if any of you have
experience with this and have any suggestions, or cautionary advice we
would really appreciate it. Thank you very much

Carol

Carol Reitan, Language Center
Instructor of French
City College of San Francisco