LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 5

From:
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:50:03 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Paul Ruppert <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:50:42 -0500
>From: Paul Ruppert <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6921 microphone extension boxes?

------------------
I have been thinking about requiring the students to purchase their own headphones for some time.  Just think, when was the last time you got on an airplane and were given the set that had been used by the previous 20 people?  We can buy locally headphones for $1.00.  Even if they only last for a few months, and have spares available for purchase, I really like
the idea.  What we do on many of our public access machines is plug in a headphone extension cable (costs about $2.50), and cable tie it to the keyboard cable, so people can plug in their own headphones.
Maybe its just me, but I also don't borrow other people's combs.

Paul

Paul Ruppert
Director, Instructional Technology for Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Toronto, Faculty of Arts and Science
15 King's College Circle, Toronto, Ontario, Canada  M5S 3H7
416 978-8098

http://lab.chass.utoronto.ca