LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 5

From:
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:49:44 EST
--- Forwarded Message from adaer <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:06:11 -0500
>Sender: adaer <[log in to unmask]>
>From: adaer <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #6916 Labs going under

------------------
Hi Bruce,

When I was collecting info from other 4-year SUNY institutions about lang.
labs. and lab directors responsibilities/compensation, I learned that SUNY
Binghamton's foreign language materials are provided by the main library.  I
think that SUNY Buffalo was also undergoing a change at the time (year '99 -
2000?) as part of a budget cut.  I don't remember the exact details, however.

See you soon in Amherst!

Becky

>===== Original Message From Language Learning and Technology International
Information Forum <[log in to unmask]> =====
>--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---
>
>>From: [log in to unmask]
>>Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:49:59 -0400
>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>Subject: Labs going under
>

>In the NERALLD region we have lost at least two labs in
>the past year (UMass Amherst and Regis College). I am
>compiling information about labs across the US which
>have either been:
>
>-closed
>-incorporated into other units (e.g. computing/technology
>      services or libraries or media centers)
>-other
>

>I would appreciate it if anyone who knows of such situations
>would post a short note on LLTI (to avoid redundant listings),
>with Dept/Institution/City/State/Date info, as completely as
>you know it.
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>Bruce Parkhurst
>Boston University

Ms. Rebecca Adae, Coordinator Language Learning Center
State University of New York at New Paltz
75 S. Manheim Blvd., JFT 414
New Paltz, NY 12561-2440 USA
845.257.3609  (fax)845.257.3512