LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 5

From:
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:48:13 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Mary Morrisard-Larkin" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:00:40 -0500
>From: "Mary Morrisard-Larkin" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6916 Labs going under (!)

------------------
Bruce - The lab at Holy Cross was taken over by Audio-Visual at least 4 or more years ago.  While it still primarily serves Modern Languages, it is referred to as the Multimedia Resource Center.  I think that this switch may have occured when Holy Cross solicted grant funds to convert the lab from audio to digital and needed to make the proposal look more attractive.  Mary M-L

Mary Morrisard-Larkin
Educational Technology Group
Director, Self-Paced Language Program
College of the Holy Cross
One College St., Box 118A
Worcester, MA 01610

Office:  O'Kane 458
508-793-3796
508-793-3882
http://www.holycross.edu/departments/splp/website/index.html

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/29/02 01:49PM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from adaer <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:06:11 -0500
>Sender: adaer <[log in to unmask]>
>From: adaer <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #6916 Labs going under

------------------
Hi Bruce,

When I was collecting info from other 4-year SUNY institutions about lang.
labs. and lab directors responsibilities/compensation, I learned that SUNY
Binghamton's foreign language materials are provided by the main library.  I
think that SUNY Buffalo was also undergoing a change at the time (year '99 -
2000?) as part of a budget cut.  I don't remember the exact details, however.

See you soon in Amherst!

Becky

>===== Original Message From Language Learning and Technology International
Information Forum <[log in to unmask]> =====
>--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---
>
>>From: [log in to unmask]
>>Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:49:59 -0400
>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>Subject: Labs going under
>

>In the NERALLD region we have lost at least two labs in
>the past year (UMass Amherst and Regis College). I am
>compiling information about labs across the US which
>have either been:
>
>-closed
>-incorporated into other units (e.g. computing/technology
>      services or libraries or media centers)
>-other
>

>I would appreciate it if anyone who knows of such situations
>would post a short note on LLTI (to avoid redundant listings),
>with Dept/Institution/City/State/Date info, as completely as
>you know it.
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>Bruce Parkhurst
>Boston University

Ms. Rebecca Adae, Coordinator Language Learning Center
State University of New York at New Paltz
75 S. Manheim Blvd., JFT 414
New Paltz, NY 12561-2440 USA
845.257.3609  (fax)845.257.3512