LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:52:36 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Otmar K. Foelsche ---

>Date: 23 Oct 2002 11:50:01 EDT
>From: Otmar K. Foelsche
>Subject: #6890 Job Description/Salary Range - Help with
>To: LLTI-Editor

--- Forwarded Message from "David Pankratz" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:47:31 -0500
>From: "David Pankratz" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: #6890 Job Description/Salary Range - Help with

Otmar--My replies to LLTI postings are not getting through. Could you post the reply below for me, a reply to  #6890 Job Description/Salary Range - Help with?
Thank you. David

Louise,

Very recently I sent email to IALLT members announcing the completion of a document meant to be helpful in exactly this type of situation. The "IALLT Statement of Professional Responsibilities" can be found at the
www.iallt.org website, About IALLT, Official Documents. Based on input from the members, the statement establishes broad but clear guidelines on the work of language technology professionals. It should help formulate job descriptions, establish evaluation standards, and generally educate about our many job responsibilities.

Good luck to you! You are not alone in having so many divergent, yet related professional duties.

David Pankratz
IALLT President