LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:52:20 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:29:08 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Odyssey DVD parental lock override

Oh joy.
Someone programmed a secret password to make it impossible
to play R-rated DVDs on our Odyssey DV-2080 player... and
it was not someone on staff...

Does anyone know how to reset the parental lock feature
without having the password? Perhaps something which
involves cracking the case and flipping a switch on
the inside, as may be done at the factory?

I ask this list, first, but will next be trying to contact
the vendor and/or factory service folks.

[And I guess we ought to program the other two units ourselves
before the anti-R squad gets to them!]

Thanks for any tips.

bruce