LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:22:14 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "pmarcy" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "pmarcy" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #6906 lab director appointment
>Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 08:25:26 -0700
>Disposition-Notification-To: "pmarcy" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
If you run the lab from 8 to 5 for four or five days a week and teach
two classes, then yes, you have a full time job and a part time job with
pay for only a full time job.

I'm sure your school has a process for re-evaluating positions and work
load.  Use it.  Get all your ducks in a row first--research other lab
positions, document your lab attendance growth, account for all of your
time.

I am just a full time lab supervisor, fortunately, but I have more work
on my plate than I can handle between hunting down grants, writing
business plans, training staff (2500 media titles), running staff
development workshops for instructors, etc.

Good luck.  Peggy Marcy
Mt. San Antonio College,
Walnut, CA