LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:52:41 EST
--- Forwarded Message from TennesseeBob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:09:03 -0700
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: TennesseeBob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6909.3 Quia materials for Spanish textbook (!)

------------------
I feel the same way.  If it is on the desktop, even if their are
problems, we can use Apple Talk to get print orders for scores etc.
out, as well as some other things. But if there is any kind of net
problem, and I have a lab full of Quia users, I may have to start
sending people home.  Since 90+% of our students spend 40% of their
supervised time in the lab, I have to watch these things.

Still, Quia beats the heck out of all those Jurassic paper workbooks.

TBob
Look it up in the Andy Holt Virtual Library
http://www.utm.edu/vlibrary/vlhome.shtml
Robert D. Peckham, PhD
Director, the Globe-Gate Project
Director, the Muriel Tomlinson Language Resource Center
Department of Modern Foreign Languages
Univ. of Tennessee-Martin
http://globegate.org/french/globe.html