LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:52:10 EST
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:08:20 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Generating income

Another quick survey.

Does your facility generate income? Does it recover
costs through fees or charge-backs?

I am compiling a list of how language centers
generate income or recover costs. I am sharing
the information collected so far (below). If you
have anything to add to this list, please post
it to the LLTI list.

I recognize that there are instances when non-profit
institutions are excluded by law from offering services
which put them in competition with business interests.
I am not condoning any such practices by collecting
this data.

video conversions
tape duplications (a/v)
digital conversion jobs (eg CD pressing)
student lab fees
sales of cassette (a/v) stock
sales of production services
renting out the lab
archival for the library
printing services
departmental lab fees
equipment loan charges
coffee sales (brewed)
bake sales

thank you for any additional information

Bruce Parkhurst
Geddes Language Center
Boston University