LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:52:25 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Jon Aske" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Jon Aske" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #6909 Quia materials for Spanish textbook
>Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:15:46 -0400

------------------
My colleagues and I at Salem State reviewed the Quia workbook and lab manual
for Plazas (H&H) and were not overwhelmed by it.  Although excited at first
by the possibility we soon came down to earth and came to the conclusion
that this new delivery method wasn't ready for prime time and that it was
probably more trouble than it was worth.  We didn't see anything gained by
going with Quia as opposed to the paper and pencil method.  At least not
enough to make up for what was lost and the trouble it created for
correcting or checking the work.  I know this is just an impressionistic and
not well-documented answer but I offer it for what it's worth.

Jon

Jon Aske
Assistant Professor, Department of Foreign Languages:
http://www.salemstate.edu/languages/
Supervisor, Language Resource Center,
http://www.lrc.salemstate.edu
Salem State College, Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Mail: Foreign Languages / 352 Lafayette St. / Salem, MA 01970
Phone: 978-542-4358, Fax: 978-542-7215
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.lrc.salemstate.edu/aske/

Happiness is good health and a bad memory. - Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)