LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:24:23 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Mariana Pomphile" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:56:05 -0400
>From: "Mariana Pomphile" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: lab director appointment

Thanks to all of for your input on renaming the lab.  I have another
question now.  It's about the Director's appointment.  When I was hired
they told me I was Half faculty - half staff. I left it at that because
it was my first job and I didn't know much about it all.  Then time went
by and I started wondering.  I am for human resources purposes a nine
month faculty. I am off when students are off and I don't earn vacation
time.  On the other hand I have to be here in the lab from 8 to 5 like
any staff member and I can't just leave for half a day (like a staff
person would do if they had an appointment or something).  So I run the
lab from 8 to 5 and then I teach two classes.  The way I am starting to
feel is that I have a full time job and I teach part time but I am not
paid extra for that.
Maybe I am complaining and everyone's situation is the same, I don't
know. Can I hear from all of you again?
Thank you,
Mariana

Mariana Pomphile
Language Lab Director
Department of Language and Literature
North Georgia College & State University
(706) 864-1682