LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:17:50 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Michael Heller <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:28:54 -0400
>From: Michael Heller <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6893 OSX for language labs?
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
We are also looking forward to using OS X in our facilities but will
wait until new equipment with OS X is installed Summer 2003.  In
preparation we have been consulting resources on the web and a couple
links that maybe of interest to LLTI subscribers appear below:

http://www.macosxlabs.org

http://homepage.mac.com/rgriff/osxlang.html

On Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002, at 16:46 America/New_York, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> --- Forwarded Message from Beth Secrist <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>> Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:51:30 -0400
>> From: Beth Secrist <[log in to unmask]>
>> To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: OSX for language labs?
>
> Greetings LLTIers,
>
> Is anyone using OSX startup for their labs? I
> would like to do this for our labs particularly to
> take advantage of the ldap lookup. I've personally
> been using OSX since July and have run into a few
> snags with very old applications running in
> Classic, but they haven't been essential
> applications.  I would like some input from those
> of you with experience in this area before
> deciding which would be the best way to go. Thank
> you for your help! Beth
>
> Beth Secrist
> Director, Language Resource Center
> Dept. of Modern Foreign Langs. & Lits.
> University of Tennessee
> Knoxville, TN  37996
> http://web.utk.edu/~mfll/LRC/

Michael Heller
Director of Language Learning Technology
College of Humanities & Social Sciences
Montclair State University
1 Normal Ave (CHSS/DI-287B)
Upper Montclair, NJ 07043-1699