LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:38:09 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Françoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt      <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:55:36 -0700
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Françoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt      <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: rec. for headsets
>Cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

------------------
Can anyone out there recommend a computer lab headset that is both
sturdy and affordable.  We've primarily used headsets from Koss
(SB40, R-50b, R-65b).  Koss has a great warranty but their headsets
all have weaknesses in a classroom setting (lousy mikes, head bands
that break off,  weak cords, etc). We purchased a Telex H-51 headset
but the build quality is only marginally better than Koss.  Telex
makes a more rugged headset (Discovery series DS-8V) that we'll be
testing soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Francoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt
Senior Lecturer in French #2580