LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:37:05 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Sandra Brookner <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 21:31:12 -0400
>From: Sandra Brookner <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Odyssey dvd
>To: [log in to unmask]

Last year we purchased a number of the Odyssey dv-2080
(zone-free/multi-region) because of recommendations received from various
sources.  Barely had the dvd been installed when they began to fail.  We had
all new systems installed in our classrooms at the same time (System 7's and
Crestron) and want to be certain the fault is owed to the dvd and not to the
operating systems before we now try to find replacements. If anyone has
purchased any of the Odyssey and would be willing to share their experiences
using this equipment with us we would be most appreciative.

Sandra Brookner
Weston Language Lab
Center for Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
Williams College