LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:26:08 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from TennesseeBob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:56:20 -0700
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: TennesseeBob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: electronic workbooks & video CD-ROMs or DVDs

------------------
Can anyone give me a list of Beginning French textbooks with
electronic workbooks (computer-corrected) and video CD-ROMs or DVDs.

I am curious about Quia.  Does it actually contain pre-made text-book
specific electronic workbooks?  Does the fact that it is online as
opposed to being in an institution's server or on lab electronic
desktops present a problem?

What textbooks have truly integrated components (activities are based
on the book or the video which is the core of the program)?

Our lab manages 40% of students program contact time.  We must have
and use well conceived components which are transparently related to
what is done in class.  I am getting very frustrated looking for
these.  Do I need to go to small alternative publishers for this.

TBob
Look it up in the Andy Holt Virtual Library
http://www.utm.edu/vlibrary/vlhome.shtml
Robert D. Peckham, PhD
Director, the Globe-Gate Project
Director, the Muriel Tomlinson Language Resource Center
Department of Modern Foreign Languages
Univ. of Tennessee-Martin
http://globegate.org/french/globe.html