LLTI Archives

October 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:42:08 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 09:56:51 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6861 AIRMICE

We've used the remote mouse from Interlink
(http://www.interlinkelec.com) with success.  However, we recently
bought one of the Gyration mice you mention and LOVE IT.  Easy to use
(very natural).  We found ours for about $160.  But the Interlink
solution is also a good one, especially if all you're really looking for
is advancing slides in a PowerPoint presentation.

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/01/02 07:26AM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from "Chapman, Daniel" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Chapman, Daniel" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information
Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: AIRMICE
>Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:41:44 -0500

------------------
Colleagues,

I am looking for a reasonably priced "Air Mouse", that is, a mouse that
can
be used at a distance from the computer, like a remote control,
especially
for use during multimedia presentations.  The only model I can easily
find
is done by Gyration, and is $175.00. It can be found here
http://www.gyration.com/ultrapro.htm, and I can't believe that it is
the
only model/vendor available.  Do any of your multimedia classrooms use
an
airmouse, and where can I find alternatives?  Are they compatible with
Windows 2000, and is any more hardware or cards needed to make it work?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Dan Chapman
Administrative Assistant
The Ermal Garinger Academic Resource Center
The University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045
785/864-4785

Check out our on-line catalog!!