LLTI Archives

September 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:09:27 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from adaer <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:36:58 -0400
>Sender: adaer <[log in to unmask]>
>From: adaer <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #6841.2 Deutsche Welle (!)

------------------
A letter from Deutsche Welle was forwarded to me during the summer because all
of our German profs were not around.  It stated that starting Sept, 15th, I
believe, clients would need a digital receiver to get their broadcasts.  There
was some other information about how to lock in on their signal, but none of
this makes sense to me.   our campus TV station handles this and the
director's position is now open.  I guess we're going to go without it for
awhile too.

>===== Original Message From Language Learning and Technology International
Information Forum <[log in to unmask]> =====
>--- Forwarded Message from Leslie Graul <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:46:26 -0400
>>From: Leslie Graul <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: IALLT listserv <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Deutsche Welle
>
>Just the other day, Deutsche Welle disappeared from W2/22.  They
>announced plans to move or digitize or something on 9/26/02, but this is
>not that date.  Does anyone know whether they have relocated to another
>analog satelllite?  We have two analog satellite receiving systems, and
>I hate to have one of them sitting around unused, or unable to take
>advantage of foreign language broadcasting.  (We use the other one for
>SCOLA broadcasts).  We used to license Univision in C-band analog
>format, but that is no longer available.
>
>What other C-band analog foreign-language broadcasts do you find in the
>northeastern part of the US?

Ms. Rebecca Adae, Coordinator Language Learning Center
State University of New York at New Paltz
75 S. Manheim Blvd., JFT 414
New Paltz, NY 12561-2440 USA
845.257.3609  (fax)845.257.3512