LLTI Archives

September 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:32:00 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Leslie Graul <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:46:26 -0400
>From: Leslie Graul <[log in to unmask]>
>To: IALLT listserv <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Deutsche Welle

Just the other day, Deutsche Welle disappeared from W2/22.  They
announced plans to move or digitize or something on 9/26/02, but this is
not that date.  Does anyone know whether they have relocated to another
analog satelllite?  We have two analog satellite receiving systems, and
I hate to have one of them sitting around unused, or unable to take
advantage of foreign language broadcasting.  (We use the other one for
SCOLA broadcasts).  We used to license Univision in C-band analog
format, but that is no longer available.

What other C-band analog foreign-language broadcasts do you find in the
northeastern part of the US?