LLTI Archives

September 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:31:48 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Merle Krueger <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:07:49 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Merle Krueger <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Transfering Video tapes to DVDs

As a relative newcomer to this list, I am not sure whether the topic of
this e-mail has been discussed before.  My question is whether anyone has
experience with transferring video tapes to DVD format.  I can imagine
advantages - DVDs are more sturdy, accessing specific scenes is easier,
they take up less space, they may lend themselves to streaming, etc.  Are
their drawbacks to transferring video tapes?  For example, is there an
affordable, easy to use technology for burning DVDs from video sources?  Do
copyright considerations play a role?  Anyone have experience here?

Merle Krueger, Ph.D.
Associate Director
Center for Language Studies
Box 1982
195 Angell Street
Brown University
Providence, Rhode Island 02912 / USA
Tel: (401) 863-2589;  Fax: (401) 863-2551
e-mail: [log in to unmask]