LLTI Archives

September 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:09:55 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Todd Hughes" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Todd Hughes" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #6847 Laser disc conversion
>Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 07:55:10 -0500

One thing that I've learned about this process is that if your laserdisc has
an alternate audio, only plug ONE of the audio outs into your digitizing
box.  The technology was such that the main audio came in on one track and
the alternate audio came in on the other track, and if you plug in both
audio outs you will end up hearing both when digitizing.  That's pretty
annoying.

Todd Hughes
Vanderbilt University