LLTI Archives

September 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:09:37 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Frank Citino" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:10:02 -0400
>From: "Frank Citino" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6847 Laser disc conversion

What I do is to capture the Laserdisc with a Media100 card and software
running in a Macintosh G4 in the 720x486 format.  From there I do
whatever editing I need to do and then I output a reference movie with
no compression.  I then use QuickTime to compress this movie into the
MPEG2 format.  Then I use DVD Studio Pro to turn the MPEG2 movie into a
usable DVD.

I hope this helps.

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/23/02 05:32PM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from Susan Jorgensen <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:41:28 -0400
>From: Susan Jorgensen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Laser disc conversion
>To: [log in to unmask]

I may  be dreaming but I "thought" I saw a discussion about digitizing
Laserdiscs.  If I was indeed dreaming, well...  oh well.   Could
someone help
me with the logistics of transferring the video from a laserdisk into
the
computer to be burned as DVDs or CDs. Once we get it into the computer,
we
will have no problems.  It is just getting it into the computer that I
need
instructions.
(We  own the rights to the material so that is not of a concern.)  Any
help
you can give us would be helpfull.

Susan Jorgensen
St. Olaf College