LLTI Archives

September 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 19:39:32 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Jonathan Perkins <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:19:32 -0500
>Subject: OpenOSX products
>From: Jonathan Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum   <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

Has anyone had any experience with the products sold by OpenOSX?  They offer
EXTREMELY cheap software purporting to be alternatives to Microsoft Office
and Photoshop for Mac OS X  ($45 for a CD with both programs).   It really
sounds to good to be true, so I am a little leery.  We are thinking of
upgrading a bunch of iMacs to OSX and have been holding off because of the
speed loss of running in Classic mode and the expense of buying new
software. Any help would be appreciated.

Jonathan

P.S. Info on these products can be found at:

http://www.openosx.com/products.html

Jonathan Perkins
Associate Director
Ermal Garinger Academic Resource Center