LLTI Archives

September 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 19:39:21 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:55:45 -1000 (HST)
>From: Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Fee Schedule for outside users of labs
>To: [log in to unmask]

The Language Learning Center at the University of Hawaii has two computer
labs, a Mac lab and a PC lab.  These labs are run by the College of
Languages, Linguistics and Literature specifically for the use of language
students and language classes.  There is no charge for the use of the labs
to the language departments within our college.  However, we occasionally
get requests from other Colleges within the University and from other
institutions or non-profits outside the University for use of the labs.
We have decided we must charge an hourly fee for the use of the labs to
these groups and if they want to use the labs outside of our normal
operating hours they must also hire a technical person for the duration of
their use.  Do any of you also charge a fee for outside use of your labs
and if so, what is that fee?  Also what are your policies for outside
users.

Thank you.

Daniel Tom
Language Learning Center