LLTI Archives

September 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:22:13 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from James Hogg <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 20:34:45 -0400
>Subject: Re: #6808 Appropriate tape recorder
>From: James Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Your recorder may be fine. It sounds like your microphone is too far
away from the speaker. Can you place the microphone and recorder closer?
If the teacher is moving and turning away from the mic then you probably
will not pick up their speaking in that case. The best solution, if you
really need to record only the teacher would be to use a lavaliere mic
placed on the front of the shirt of the speaker. You could use a wired
lav mic if the teacher doesn't mind placing the recorder on their body;
maybe in a fanny pack. A wireless lav could be used also, though they
are more expensive, you'd need a receiver, and they sometimes pick up
noise. A mic and recorder would be sold separately.