LLTI Archives

September 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:23:38 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]>
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:17:42 -0600
>To: LLTI <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: websites on post-studies employment
>Disposition-Notification-To: Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]>
>Return-Receipt-To: Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]>

As I am sure many other administrators within language related
departments must do, part of my job is always tied to encouraging
students to study languages.  One of the initiatives that I am trying to
put into practice in regards to this is providing students through our
webpage with quick information as to the post-graduate benefits of
studying languages in regards to increasing their employment potential.

Does anyone know of a good government or non-government website
(preferably Canadian, but from another country would also be good) that
contains information regarding this?  It seems strange to me that the
Government of Canada would not at least have a website on the benefits
of bilingualism for employment within Canada as a method of encouraging
students to pursue the goal of bilingualism.  As of yet, I haven't been
able to find one, but I may not be looking in the right places.

Would anyone be able to help me with this quest?

Thanks so much!  I would also be willing to share any information that I
find in this regard with any other interested parties.

Thanks again!
Deanne Cobb
Language Lab Manager
Language Resource Centre
University of Regina

Education is a weapon, whose effect depends on
who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed.
-Joseph Stalin