LLTI Archives

September 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:37:59 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Ron Balko" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Ron Balko" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MWALLT 2002 call for presentations
>Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 15:16:34 -0500

Happy Labor Day!

Unlike the vast majority of of you, I am diligently laboring this Labor Day.  But the real reason for my message is not to whine about my circumstances but to announce the conference again & call for presentations.  The conference theme is:  Charting your course - Technology & Instruction in a Diverse World, but I am willing to entertain a proposal on any relevant topic.  I am also quite predisposed to discussion/roundtable topics that would be of interest to most of us.

The conference will be held @ Concordia College (www.cord.edu) on Friday & Saturday October 18th & 19th.  The cost of the conference will be $40 which includes $15 for MWALLT membership.

Rooms have been blocked @ the Rodeway Inn in Fargo (701-239-8022 & mention group #452) for $49.00 per nite.  Other motels in the area include a Super 8 (218-233-8880) & a Travelodge & Suites (218-233-5333).  Airline service is available from Northworst - er, I mean - Northwest via the Twin Cities & United Express via Chicago & Denver.  While Moorhead, MN may be a bit of a drive for most of you, rest assured that winter will not be upon us at that time & travel conditions should be fime.

If you have any questions regarding the conference do not hesitate to call or email me.  If you do use email, please put MWALLT Conference first in the subject line so I can spot them easily.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Ron

P.S.  To those of you who promised to help me with this conference, it is time to get in touch with me as to what you can help with.  Thank you!
Ronald W. Balko
Director, Instructional Media Services
Concordia College
Moorhead, MN 56562 USA
Office:  218-299-3464
Fax:     218-299-3246

This space is reserved for a pithy personal quote
&/or statement - as soon as I have the time &/or
inclination to think of one.