LLTI Archives

September 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:22:10 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Dennis D. Magnuson" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:46:13 -0700
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: "Dennis D. Magnuson" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Palm pilot advice sought

LLTI Colleagues,

Having gotten tired of carrying around small date/calendar books,
loaded with phone numbers, addresses, etc. when I travel, both
personally and with student groups, I am looking into getting a PDA
(Palm Pilot or other brand).  It appears that there is quite a
variety on the market and that some brands do more than others.  Like
computers, I would guess if the latter is true, one needs to know
what he/she would like to do with the PDA.

I have hinted at the original reason in my first sentence, though I'm
sure I'll find that there are many other functions that such a unit
can help with.

What I would like to know is how some of you have used yours,
especially those of you who travel regularly (that last word is no
doubt superfluous for the LLTI crowd).  Also, are they all compatible
with MAC and PC platforms?

Any suggestions or info you might have will be much appreciated.  If
there are numerous replies, I'll compile them and share them on this
listserv.

Dennis Magnuson
end