LLTI Archives

September 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:27:02 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Judi Franz <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:56:32 -0700
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Judi Franz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6814 Palm pilot advice sought

------------------
Dennis,

I have had my Handspring Visor Platinum for just about a year and I
love it. The organization of contacts, the calendar features, etc.
are all wonderful. I like Handspring for the expansion capabilities -
you can add modules to make it a digital camera, MP3 player, etc. It
uses the standard Palm OS.

There are only a couple of things that don't quite work with my Mac
yet, one of them being a Eudora email conduit (although I haven't
looked in a couple of months, maybe now they have one for OSX). Using
the Visor for email is not a big priority for me, though.

It syncs with the calendar program we use on campus (Corporate Time)
and I find it very handy to be able to simply sync with my laptop
when I'm traveling. One of the things I like best is the ability to
add notes to address book entries. If I need directions to someone's
house I just put them in the Visor, linked to their address and phone
number. There's also some wonderful software called LifeBalance that
helps you organize and prioritize your life.

Judi Franz
UC Irvine