LLTI Archives

September 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:27:01 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Gabriel Webster <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:43:17 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Gabriel Webster <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: QuickTime web-based audio controller available

Hi everyone.  The University of Washington Language Learning Center makes
a great deal of its audio available to its students on the web, and to
improve functionality we have developed a QuickTime web-based audio
controller that we invite others to download and use on their web sites if
they find it useful.  The controller offers a time counter, recap of 2, 5,
or 10 seconds, a bookmark that students can set, and a "go to time"
feature.  This controller significantly "narrows the gap" between
web-based and local audio functionality.

For more information and to download, go to

http://depts.washington.edu/llc/tools/qt_controller/index.html

The controller is karmaware, so please send good vibes our way.  We can't
offer much support or troublshooting, unfortunately.  We highly recommend
the book "QuickTime for the Web", 2nd edition.

Best,
Gabe Webster