LLTI Archives

September 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 17:13:11 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from William Maiert <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:33:00 -0400 (EDT)
>From: William Maiert <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Japanese Language Kits

Hi,

My question is regarding the Japanese Language kit for the Mac.  We have
an older software program that would run fine under the 8.5 operating
system language kit.  I could drop it onto the Japanese Language Register
program and it would set it to Japanese.

Now with the new language kits that come with the Macintosh, I can't find
a Japanese Language Register.  I'm running OS 9.2  I've tried simply
copying the Register from the older version to the new computer, but when
I try to open it up, it says that I don't have the Japanese language kit
installed.  It is installed, of course.

Anybody know if there is an equivalent to the Japanese Language Register
that used to come with the old language kits?

Thanks

Bill Maiert
Bates College