LLTI Archives

August 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:07:40 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Cynthia Bravo <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Cynthia Bravo <[log in to unmask]>
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Use of Electronic Translators - Policies
>Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:41:02 -0400

Hello, all -

I'm posting on behalf of a secondary school language dept. head who is
trying to develop (in time for the next academic year) a policy on the
use of electronic translators by language students.  Do any of you (or
your faculty, institutions, language depts., or resource centers) have
written policies about students' use of translators in conjunction with
their language coursework (most especially composition writing)?  Would
you be willing to share your policy and/or thoughts you have on the
subject?

If you prefer to discuss this topic off-list or contact the
above-mentoned department head directly, please email me at:

Thank you in advance for your contributions.  Happy remainder of Summer
2002!

Cordially,
Cindy Bravo
President, NERALLD

Cynthia Bravo, Director
Boston College Language Laboratory
Lyons Hall, Room 313
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA  02467-3804
Tel. (617) 552-8473
Fax (617) 552-2064
Email:  [log in to unmask]  or  [log in to unmask]