LLTI Archives

August 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:05:51 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:20:28 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: IALLT Elections 2003: Call for Nominations

[Note: the following was sent by email to all current IALLT members.  If you did not receive it, please see note at end of this message.]

CALL FOR NOMINATIONS

The Elections Committee of IALLT (The International Association for Language Learning Technology) invites nominations for four of its executive board positions: President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer (Business Manager), and Programs Director.  The next President will be our current President-Elect, Peter Liddell.

Position descriptions, including terms of office, can be found at the IALLT website:

http://iallt.org/current_news/elections_2003.html

Nominators and nominees must be current members of IALLT.  You may nominate yourself or someone else (although you should have their consent before doing so.)

Nominations are due to the nominating committee by October 15, 2002.  For further information, contact Read Gilgen (chair of the elections committee) at [log in to unmask]

P.S.  Sounds awfully formal, doesn't it?  On the on contrary. Having served as an IALLT board member, I can tell you that there's a great deal of satisfaction and enjoyment working in this organization.  Please do consider how you (or someone you know) can help move forward the good work that IALLT does.

[Note: If you didn't receive this message already by email, and you think you are a current IALLT member, please check to make sure (a) your membership is up-to-date and (b) your email is current/correct.  Go to the IALLT Membership Director at:  http://carla.acad.umn.edu:591/IALLT/directory.html and search for your name.  If you're in the database, and your email is correct, then most likely your membership has expired, in which case you can get up-to-date online (http://iallt.org/vs/membapp-ol.html) or by contacting Sue Breeyear ([log in to unmask]).  If your email is incorrect, contact Lauren Rosen ([log in to unmask]) with corrections.  You need IALLT and IALLT needs you!]