LLTI Archives

August 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:05:47 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from LeeAnn Stone <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:58:05 -0700
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: LeeAnn Stone <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Planning a lab

Hi Lee,

        I'll bet there will be a number of responses even before I get this
one out to you. Here's some steps I advise to start with:

1) Do check the archives. Browse through "lab planning", "staffing", and
"lab systems". These will provide you with some useful info related to your
project

2) Do you have a copy of IALLT's Lab Planning kit? There's a wealth of
useful information there on all the areas you're inquiring about (needs
assessment, salaries, equipment, etc.). Order from IALLT's web site:
http://iallt.org/iallt_services/iallt_publications.html

        A number of IALLT members-- myself included-- have recently (or
currently) planned facilities. It's always useful to do some iterative
inquiry--- check out the archives and the planning kit, fine tune your
questions, post additional ones to LLTI, and feel free to contact those of
us by phone or email who offer this to you. You'll find IALLT members
are very open to sharing thier experiences and insights.
        If you aren't involved with your regional IALLT group, you may want
to check it out (http://LanguageCenter.cla.umn.edu/MWALLT/). These are
folks in your area dealing with the same issues. Your region has a
conference schuled for October that I would highly recommend to you. The
Midwest group is quite dynamic.
        Good luck, and feel free to contact me directly ([log in to unmask]).

LeeAnn Stone
TeacherTech Connection
and
Department of Education