LLTI Archives

August 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:17:58 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Cindy Tracy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 16:11:40 -0700
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Cindy Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6764 Copyright query

>Has anyone had experience with what happens to
>copyright when the publisher no longer exists? We
>have a video "Spanish TV Commercials. Vol I"
>published by Gessler Publishing Co. I phoned them
>and they are no longer in business. The company
>that answered at their number had purchased their
>inventory, but not the rights to their
>publications. We would like to digitize this
>video. What can we do?

Gessler was bought out by Q Publishing in England who operated them for
awhile, then shut them down - I assume Q is still around. Also, there is a
company called "Educational Video Network" that has a video we sell called
"Spanish TV Commercials" - 29 minute video in Spanish from 1995.

              \\\|///
              (ô ô)
+---oOO-----(_)-----------------+

| Cindy Shapiro Tracy