LLTI Archives

August 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:17:55 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 18:16:27 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re:  #6765 DVD/VCR Combos - Region-free AND Multi-standard?

Sorry, Carine, our DVD/VCR combo units are not
Region-free AND Multi-standard, but we do like
the convenience of having the dual purpose
equipment, US/NTSC style. So does faculty.

On your question about multi-disc players:

We have been extremely happy using CD jukeboxes
in our lab, and have had six 100-CD SONYs for
almost 7 years. This capacity is much larger
than you were asking about, but I figured
someone might like the tip.

With 100 CDs loaded in each jukebox, titles
itemized on the digital display and each
unit equipped with headphone pairs, we
have served the music program with ease:

  - no student handling of CDs
  - no keeping track of titles circulating in/out
  - no losses
  - no complaints

I long to get a Wurlitzer for our lounge, to
load up with FL music, just for fun.

bruce