LLTI Archives

July 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:23:26 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Dr Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:35:22 -0400
>Subject: Re: #6742 Prices for CDs
>From: Dr Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum   <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Dear Tom,

Setting the price for a CD is like determining the length of a piece of
string, it all depends on what you have to offer.  That being said, prices
for single CD stand-alone programs generally range between $25-$75. Multiple
volume CD sets usually go for between $50-$150. I'd suggest looking at the
CALICO Review (http://astro.temple.edu/~jburston/CALICO/index.htm ) to get
an idea of features/prices.  Look in particular at the Value for Money
rating at the end of the reviews to see how they score.  Unless your
programs offer a high degree of interactivity and extensive exploitation of
the multimedia potential of computer technology, they will need to be priced
at the low end of the price range. In the case of LCLT for which there is
little available, you may be able to target a middle price range. If you aim
for top prices, you'll have to provide the functionality expected or risk
pricing it out of the market.   Jack

Jack Burston, Ph.D.
CALICO Software Review Editor
College of Liberal Arts