LLTI Archives

July 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:42:23 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:56:04 -1000 (HST)
>From: Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Prices for CDs
>To: [log in to unmask]

Recently we have received requests for audio materials of "less commonly
spoken languages" that go with textbooks written by university faculty.
We are the sole source for these materials. In the past we were not
allowed to sell the materials to private individuals, but only to
institutions.  As such our prices were institutional prices and would make
the materials prohibitively expensive for an individual.  Also the
materials were distributed on C-60 cassettes and the price was based on a
per cassette basis.

We have now decided to digitize the materials and distribute them on CDs
in the MP3 format.  However, we do not know what would be an appropriate
price to charge per CD.  What do others of you who sell such materials
charge and on what do you base your charges?

Daniel Tom
Language Telecommunications, Resource & Learning Center
University of Hawaii
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
FAX:     808-956-5134
Voice:   808-956-5118