LLTI Archives

July 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:53:13 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Olivia Berkey <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 10:19:29 -0700
>From: Olivia Berkey <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: NFLRC job opportunity
>To: [log in to unmask]

------------------
Dear Colleagues,

If you or anyone you know would like to develop materials and assessments
for a living and be part of a new National Foreign Language Resource Center
in Eugene, Oregon, please read the following announcement and contact us
soon. We are looking for someone to join a winning team doing exciting
research and development projects in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We are
looking for an energetic, organized, and creative applied linguist to direct
and coordinate projects. Here is the official announcement:

The Center for Applied Second Language Studies, a National Foreign Language
Resource Center at the University of Oregon in Eugene, Oregon seeks a
Research and Development Director, a fixed-term, non tenure-related position
with the rank of research assistant/associate, depending upon experience.
Native or near-native fluency in English and at least intermediate ability
in one other language is required. Master's degree in applied linguistics,
pedagogy, education, or related field required. Ph.D. with evidence of
national leadership and grant-writing experience preferred. For more
details, see http://hr.uoregon.edu/jobs/academic.php. To apply, submit cover
letter, resume, and contacts for at least three references to Carl Falsgraf,
Center for Applied Second Language Studies, 1246 University of Oregon,
Eugene, OR 97403-1246. For more information, call (541) 346-5699.
Application review begins August 5, 2002. Position open until filled.
EO/AA/ADA institution committed to cultural diversity.

--
Olivia Berkey
Office Coordinator

http://casls.uoregon.edu