LLTI Archives

June 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:20:13 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from George Mitrevski <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:09:43 -0500
>Sender: George Mitrevski <[log in to unmask]>
>From: George Mitrevski <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Visiting Russian professor from Japan

Please reply directly to original sender of this message, if you can be of
help.

>===== Original Message From "alexander tolstogouzov" <[log in to unmask]>
=====
                                          June18,2002
     Hello! My name is Tolstoguzov Alexander. I am Russian and teach Russian
at
Aomori Public College (Department of management and economics) in Japan. I
have
got a chance to go on sabbatical this fall with financial support from my
college. I want to use this time for improving the existing methods of
teaching
Russian at my college. Previously I used only traditional oral methods and I
want to implement computer assisted language learning (CALL) into the existing
Russian language curriculum. I need information for starting CALL, for
example,
how to fit CALL into the curriculum.
     I want to study the impact of CALL on language teaching curricula and
methodologies. I also intend to look for relevant software and to study
typical
CALL programs in the USA. My goal is to understand how CALL might be used in
the Russian language at my college in Japan.
     I am writing this letter to request that you allow me to be a guest at
your university from September 2002 through March 2003. I require nothing from
you except a letter of invitation. In addition, I need permission to use your
library and computer center and to talk with your language teaching faculty. I
am hoping that they can give me some advice about my investigation of CALL, as
I mentioned above.
     In return for allowing me to visit your university, I will do my best to
answer whatever questions you may have about Japanese or Russian language
education.
I speak both of this languages, in addition to English.
     Thank you for considering my request.
                                Sincerely yours,
                                Associate Professor, Tolstoguzov.

My address: Aomori Public College
     153-4 Yamazaki, Goshizawa
     Aomori 030-0196 Japan
     My personal tel. and fax: (017) 764-1688
     E-mail: [log in to unmask]